Wednesday, October 12, 2005

FREAKS & GEEKS

"Set in a suburban Detroit high school in the early 1980s, this comedic drama focuses on the lives of two groups of teens who don't live in the fabricated, glossy world that most TV shows depict as "normal." No, Lindsay Weir and her brother Sam live in the reality of being less-than-popular that most Americans remember -- or try to forget -- about their high school years."


I've just recently been introduced to the "Freaks & Geeks" TV show.
It was on NBC a few years back and was sadly cancelled after just one season. It's by the same mind that did this year's "40 Year Old Virgin" with Steve Carell. If you haven't watched the show before, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND picking up the dvds!!! This is quickly becoming one of my favorite television shows ever!

The writing, characters and acting are superb and simply blows away the usual asinine American TV sitcoms - this is NOT a sitcom!! Plus its funny as hell! I'm saddened that it didn't last and feel somewhat guilty for not suppoting it myself when it was on the air.
Check it out! You'll thank me later!
Link to Freaks&Geeks on netflix .

*Thanks, Harbour, for getting me to watch it!

No comments: