Friday, April 14, 2006

ROBOCOP NON-ACTION FIGURES

I was a child of the 80s and therefore was part of that generation of kids that had the absolute coolest action figures ever. We had GIJoe (the best action figure ever - kungfu grip!), Original Star Wars, Transformers, Thundercats, Voltron, He-Man, etc. While kids' toys today (and by "kids" I mean ages 5-40+) have very impressive sculpts and paintjobs, the toys just don't have that kickass element of imaginative playability; they seem to be more like glorified statues than ACTION figures. With that said, I will say there are some toys out now that I wish I had when I was younger. Take the upcoming 12-inch ROBOCOP and 15-inch ED-209 figures!! WOW!!! Man, I would have freaked out if Santa had given me those! Now where's the ED-209 playset where you can recreate turning that poor corporate schmuck into bullet ridden hamburger meat?!
I'd buy that for a dollar!

No comments: