Wednesday, November 08, 2006

LUCAS KILLS INDIANA JONES

Frank Darabont (Shawshank Redemption) has spoken out on the much delayed, probably canned, 4th Indiana Jones film, basically saying George Lucas killed it.

"That was terrifically frustrating. I worked for over a year on that. I worked very close with Steven Spielberg. He was ecstatic with the result and was ready to shoot it two years ago. He was very, very happy with the script and said it was the best draft of anything since Raiders of the Lost Ark. Lucas read it and said, 'Yeah, I don't think so, I don't like it.' And then he resets it to zero when Spielberg is ready to shoot it that coming year, (which) is a real kick to the nuts. You can only waste so much time and so many years of your life on experiences like that; you can only get so emotionally invested and have the rug pulled out from under you before you say enough of that." (source)

Personally, I say don't even make a 4th one. RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK was absolutely amazing and one of my all-time favorite films! Films like that come around once every 10-20 years if you're lucky! TEMPLE OF DOOM was a let down as was LAST CRUSADE (Don't agree? Watch em again this week). So I say preserve what's left of the Mythos and don't make Indy 4. However, it is frustrating to hear Lucas allegedly came in and killed the project especially hearing Spielberg and everyone were very very excited about it. Oh well.... maybe its for the best and I should be THANKING Lucas.

No comments: