Wednesday, December 06, 2006

PREACHER SHOW INTERVIEW

Here's a snippet from an interview with Mark Steven Johnson who is developing the awesome comic PREACHER into an HBO series. It gives me SOME hope.... haven't seen GHOST RIDER yet (early reviews are good, tho, surprisingly) and his DIRECTOR'S CUT of DAREDEVIL was a huge improvement of the Studio Cut that was put out into theaters..... fingers crossed.... not a huge fan of his work thus far, but it could be worse and in horrible horrible hands (remember a couple years ago when it was going to be a movie with Ben Affleck?!!!)
---------------------------------------

MSJ
:
You can't do it in a movie because it would take so many movies combined to tell the whole story and you can't do it on any network television, just for all the obvious reasons. So it was really HBO or nothing. When I went in to pitch it to them I said "I hope you love this as much as I do because if you don't want to do it it's done." There's nowhere else to go.

[The pitch was] The book. I came in with the comics saying "Here it is." I said "I'm going to try to make it about an issue or so for each show. Some things will move around, some will be bigger than they are and some will have to come down." But basically that was my template. As I've said this is a five, six year show.

Rest of the interview here

No comments: