Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Y: THE LAST MAN

As I was driving into work this morning, I saw a woman waiting to cross the street holding a Y: THE LAST MAN trade paperback! She was totally "normal" looking and not someone who I'd label as a comic reader. I love seeing regular folk reading comics!! I took it as a sign from the Comic Gods to promote the book here.

Y: THE LAST MAN - WHAT IT'S ABOUT:
"Yorick Brown is an escape artist and possesses a genetic make-up that's allowed him to survive a plague that killed every male being on the planet except for him and his pet monkey. Yorick is the last man on earth, and in the resulting chaos, he must find a way to help save the human race. At least that's what the (now all-female) government thinks. The entire social fabric has gone to hell, with gun-wielding wives of Republican representatives insisting on getting their husbands' seats and tribes of latter-day Amazons claiming males were meant to die...."

This title seems to be the "New Sandman", meaning the lastest Vertigo book that girlfriends will read and actually like! heh.

There's currently 8 collected volumes available now (Vol 9 coming out in April). Or you can pick up the monthly single issues! Check it out at your local comic store, Lisa's Store or here on Amazon.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, what are you saying, I look like a freak? Jeeze, I shower and everything! Like almost every single day. Most days I even put on make-up and jewelry. Sometimes I can find a clean shirt that doesn't have a comic book character on it...

Jim said...

Hahaha, you know that's not what I was saying, you silly!! I was merely saying I enjoy seeing comic books finding themselves into the hands of non-freaks, er, I mean......

Anonymous said...

I'm normal, and that is one of the 2 graphic novels I have read in my life.

I've only read the first one, and I'm having trouble finding more right now (I'll have to just order online from Lisa perhaps).

I need to pace myself, because I learned it can get expensive...

Jim said...

what was the other graphic novel?

Anonymous said...

We have them all in stock if you need any, Amy.

And really, I'm not too freakish! But that Jim Kudora guy, well he's a little bit "different." LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

The other one was "Strangers in Paradise". I still need to read the rest of those, too.

Jim said...

Nice! I forgot about Strangers In Paradise... even though I have a few of the trades on my shelf! haha. perhaps its time to reread!