Tuesday, February 20, 2007

GALACTICA ON FUMES ?

Anyone else having the fear that BATTLESTAR GALACTICA has jumped the shark and is currently running on fumes? Last week's episode revolved around flashbacks with Adama's ex-wife and then Chief & Cally being stuck in an airlock. The week before that was crazy killer doctor in the Refugee camp. Before that has been the ongoing agonizing bullshit soap opera love square between Apollo, Starbuck, Dee and Sam.

We haven't seen a real CYLON in weeks! What gives? Part of Galactica's success was that it was full story being played out. I don't want to see "the further adventures of" where they have "on a very special Galactica...." Come on, if you guys aren't going to continue on with the main story, then don't make anymore episodes. If I want to see crappy, weekly sci-fi ala Love Boat, I'll go watch any of the last 3 incarnations of Star Trek. Bah!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think a lot of shows are doing this lately... just kinda showing us "fluff".

I don't know if you watch Grey's Anatomy, but it's doing the same, pointless crap right now.

I think maybe they're saving all the good stuff for sweeps (whenever that is). But I don't know why. 3 weeks of stuff that does nothing to move the plot along is pushing it.

Anonymous said...

I do watch BG, by the way.

Jim said...

hmmmmm, didn't think about sweeps. regardless, you're right, its pointless crap and fluff. bah!

no, I don't watch grey's anatomy. I work kinda long hours and by the time I get home, most shows are either over, or I'm fixing dinner and not in the mood to stare at a tv set (after staring at a computer monitor for 12-14 hours). I need tivo.

:)