Friday, March 16, 2007

ELIZABETH II: THE GOLDEN AGE

Whoa, from out of nowhere I hear they're making a SEQUEL to 1998's ELIZABETH entitled "THE GOLDEN AGE", which deals with an older Elizabeth, "warmongering" King Phillip of Spain and Mary Queen of Scots. Cate Blanchett and Geoffrey Rush return to reprise their roles (Woo Hoo!). CLIVE OWEN joins the cast as WALTER RALEIGH - not a big Owen fan and am having a hard time picturing him working in a Period piece.... Also, director SHEKHAR KAPUR returns, which is cool because he did a great job before. I'm really interested in this movie as ELIZABETH is one of my favorite movies. Yes, I'm aware of the historical inaccuracies, but that's why its a movie and not a documentary. Regardless, I freaking loved ELIZABETH and have high hopes for the sequel. AICN gave an early review and pretty much put it up there on par with the first one.... unfortunately, I find that people's views on ELIZABETH are all over the board, so I'm not quite sure what to make of their review. Fingers crossed...

No comments: