Monday, October 15, 2007

'V' IS FOR 'VISITORS'.... ('V' IS FOR 'VICTORY')

Man, I LOVED "V" when I was a kid!!! I remember in the mini-series, the kids were playing with VISITOR action figures and vehicles. I was upset they didn't actually make them. Bah!!! The show doesn't hold up today, although it has its moments. The premise is great... its fun sci-fi... you get to see people eat live rats and guinea pigs... faces ripped off revealing reptilian aliens... hybrid baby births!, and the cast is all-star, baby! You have MARC SINGER, LANE SMITH, ROBERT ENGLAND, MICHAEL WRIGHT... um, *CoughMichaelIronsideCough*.... and JANE BADLER as the evil villainess DIANA! I'm surprised this hasn't been remade into a movie or TV series... wait.... I sense a tremor in the Force.... yep, its happening... just you see.

THE REVEAL!:

THE BIRTH! (so awesome!):

YUMMY!:

OPENING CREDITS:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

V was awesome!
Worked at NBC a few years ago, rumors were that they may bring it back. But then sciFi brought back battlestar before they could do it.

That was like 4 years ago.......think I should stop typing...........
........
........
5th Element sucks.......there, happy Jim.....

Jen said...

I loved V

I watched the mini-series
religiously!

p3te* said...

thanks for the memories!!!
...happy times :)

allen etter said...

Uh...not sure how 5th Element fit in to all that...I too enjoyed V, but I liked the soundtrack from the mini series better than the actual series. Also, the ending kinda sucked, but I loved the fact that the high school band played star wars as the aliens landed for the first time...

Anonymous said...

remember remember the 15th of october? errr... wrong "v"

ummmm I watched the mini-series last year for the first time. I couldn't take it. too old school campy bad effects boring.

Cucumberslices said...

I used to be scared to watch this show as a little kid. But my Dad would love watching it so I'd end up watching it too. The ripping of faces and eating of rodents was just too much for a 4 year old to fathom!

Lisa said...

V Rocked! I dressed my sister up as a visitor for Halloween one year when the show was on.

Back when SF were poor and there were only 5 TV stations, this was the BOMB!