Thursday, November 08, 2007

STEALTH BOMBER SB-X

I was flipping through a back issue comic the other day.... Justice League #5 where Batman punches out Guy Gardner, sweet.... and I stumbled upon an ad I remembered from when I was a pre-teen. It was for the kickass STEALTH BOMBER SB-X model kit. Man, I thought that plane was the coolest thing! I couldn't put my finger on it, but it felt very familiar and again, it was the coolest. I would draw it constantly. I wanted to buy it and had it in my hands a few times, but alas I never did. I always regretted it. Maybe I'll hit up ebay. Oh, and looking at it now, I think it was familiar to me because it's similar in design to the SNOW SPEEDER from Empire and BUCK ROGERS' ship. Andrew from BeStillMyBlogOfWar might have more insight regarding the designs.... you out there Andrew?
One more pic.

4 comments:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Check this I posted Here July 06 regarding the design of the ship.
It's a case I've seen before with cheaply made toys based on X-Wings etc... to help sell them,but this one seems a bit more mainstream in a way,they're normally pound/dollar toys that you would see in stores that sell junk,not in an advert in a magazine. This is obviously the ship from Buck Rogers with a few add ons and a different paint job,no doubt about that !!

Jim said...

NICE!!!
And very interesting, too!
Crazy!

Thanks, Andrew!!!

Anonymous said...

yes,..andrew,..you beat me to the punch yet again....I remeber wanting it, bc it looked like the Buck Rogers fighter

Alpha Skua said...

Resembles the Buck Rogers Satfighter used in the tv series