Thursday, March 20, 2008

BEHOLD: SNAKE-EYES ! ! !

80's Marvel GIJoe comic writer LARRY HAMA has released a publicity image of Snake-Eyes in the upcoming live-action movie! What perfect timing - during JimSmash's "GIJoe Week"!!! (source: AICN)

Awesome... they are going with Snake-Eyes "Version II", the more Ninja-Commando version... which is also my favorite. I even mentioned it in my previous "Top Joes I Want To See In The Movie" post! He's got the visor, the samurai sword, the gun and all in black.... they even put the Arashikage Ninja Clan crest on his sword (cool) and, er, on his shoulder (which is odd, because he has the same tattoo on his forearm, but whatever).

Overall its not what I've been envisioning since I was a child, but that was pretty much an impossible wish to come true. I don't hate it, but nor do I love it. I do really like it though. I supposed I'd give it a 7/10? I don't think the baggier "SWAT" pantst work well with the sleak top .... I always pictured him more in a full bodysuit that was tight and sleak... like a wetsuit, but different texture (see other pics at bottom of post). Looks like they're going for a more Tim Bradstreet design (bottom-bottom-left).

This costume does, however, give me hope for the rest of the cast's costuming. If they continue on with comic-to-screen visual adaptations along these lines, Jimmy will be a happy fanboy!

Here's a brighter version to get a better look:---
Snake-Eyes is one of my favorite characters! His 2nd figure was actually JimSmash's 8th post (any first time JimSmashers still around?). Because he's my favorite, I'm both stoked and nervous to see him portrayed on the big screen.... oh god... I hope they don't have him SPEAK... unless he yells "JIMSMASH!"

Here's some kick-ass Snake-Eyes pictures:
Yay Snake-Eyes!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*thanks to Maker, Soupkid & Willie!
**The overuse of the Clan Arashikage crest is a newer trend. Originally, it was only shown on Snake-Eyes & Storm Shadow's arms as tattoos... now they've become logos slapped onto everything like Schumacher Bat-Emblems.

No comments: