Monday, March 03, 2008

NEW NIN ALBUM - ONLINE

Yesterday, Trent Reznor released his new album, "GHOSTS I-IV", a 36-song collection, directly to the Net. You can have all 36 songs for a mere $5! He's also provided other options for diehard collector fans; a $300 signed limited-edition set, $10 double-disc w/booklet and $75 package with 2 discs, dvd & book. I've been hearing reports from friends that the website is being overwhelmed which is effecting buying the songs. However, Trent also made it available via Amazon which apparently is having no problems letting fans download their music.

Trent posted on his site, "I've been considering and wanting to make this kind of record for years, but by its very nature it wouldn't have made sense until this point. This collection of music is the result of working from a very visual perspective -- dressing imagined locations and scenarios with sound and texture; a soundtrack for daydreams. I'm very pleased with the result and the ability to present it directly to you without interference. I hope you enjoy the first four volumes of Ghosts."

I haven't heard any of the new tunes yet, but hope to soon when I get a chance. I haven't been too thrilled with his few outings, but I'll still give it a chance (I used to worship the man's musice, after all). If anything, I'd like to buy this now online just to support him releasing an album outside of the normal money-machine of the bloodsucking Record Labels. There will be a regular/normal release April 8, though.

If anyone buys it too, lemmie me know what you think!

1 comment:

JSchroeder said...

I got it. I love it. The tracks are between 2-3 minutes long and Trent proves he owns every instrument ever made (glockenspeil, anyone?). Think the Fragile but no lyrics.
Also, I got the $300 version. I'll be paying rent later.