Tuesday, May 27, 2008

SHOULD I GO SEE INDY IV?

I've had about a dozen friends, who's movie opinions I trust wholeheartidly, tell me NOT to see the new Indiana Jones movie because it sucks so hard. "It's a made-for-TV movie" said one. Another said, "I hated it so much, it made me sad." And another said he tried to fall asleep to escape it while his wife continued to watch. Yet 2 friends said it was enjoyable, the weakest of the 4, but fun. And finally, one said it was better than Crusade... but Crusade is his own personal "Episode 1", heh.

So I thought it might be fun to have you JimSmash Readers decide if I go see it! This is mainly for those of you who HAVE seen it, but I suppose you can vote if you haven't.

SHOULD JIMMY GO SEE INDY IV?
YES!
NEVER EVER EVER SEE IT
eh, WAIT FOR DVD

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See it, and see it on the big screen. Bear in mind it is NOT THAT GOOD. You are a hard audience to please, Jim, and I think you're going to dislike it...HOWEVER:

The pop-corn, dumb-as-rocks fun of it is there if you want it to be, though I think it will lose much excitement going to the small screen. Further, there is a good solid 3rd of the movie that is genuinely decent.

...Besides, there will be many an entertaining "Jim Smash!" post about the things you disliked.

I voted: Go see it.

allen etter said...

My older students loved it...my younger students hated it. Go figure. I plan to see it with my 7 and 9 year old boys.

Unknown said...

how i describe Indy 4?
- Fun, but Dumb
- It was a NEEDLESS Sequel
- Yes, it was Made-for-TV Indy

the only reason for you to see it is if you're an Indiana Jones fan, watch it, same reason why many StarWars fans just can resist watching the prequels in the movie theaters, even if many of them (us)hate the idea of messing the original trilogy with prequels.

maybe you wanna check out my blogsite too, Jim, it's not much though. Hey, we're third world, man
:)

http://justanotherfilmjunkie.blogspot.com/