Wednesday, June 04, 2008

HATING THE NEW NEWSARAMA

My favorite COMICS website, NEWSARAMA, has gone through an aestheic and structural change. I don't mind change, if its for the better. So far, I truly hate the new Newsarma. One of the things I liked best about the old site was its simplicity. I could take a super quick break from work and quickly jump to the site, see what's new immediately, jump into the article, and back to work with little time lost. The site now requires more effort on my part to navigate through the different pages and locate which articles are new.

Added to the fact the site has now branched out into other pop-culture areas (sci-fi, film, books, tv, etc), only further complicates the site. Plus, I can go over to Cinescape/Mania for all the pop-culture goodness news.

Newsarama was more a place for comic fans to come, read news, then discuss (fight) with each other. The new site feels more cold, corporate and impersonal.

My main gripe, really, is that the new Newsarma now requires more time from the viewer. More free time is something I don't have. I'm going to try and stick with it, but based on what I've seen, I doubt I will be visiting Newsarama as much as I used to. Which really bums me out.

I suppose I still have The Pulse....

3 comments:

Frank Gillespie said...

Same here. I wasn't the biggest fan of the previous three column layout but the new site has at least seven different sections to it. I’ve never been to Cinescape/mania, hmm, I guess I need to try them out.

Anonymous said...

It blows! Hate it!

Unknown said...

Yeah, looks like them being bought by Imaginova finally did it. This was the best site ever, but I'm done for a while. Blad they did this, or I'd keep being a Newsarama addict.