Monday, December 15, 2008

BENDIS, THE SUB-MARINER

In Marvel's DARK REIGN #1, NAMOR is drawn not like a noble king, but like some shlub who needs a bath and shave. Not only does he look nothing like Namor who is noble, strong, arrogant, royal & powerful... but this Namor also has an uncanny resemblance to Dark Reign writer BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS. Hmmmm. I'm usually quite fond of artist Alex Maleev's work... but man... dude, come on....

Bendis-Namor could not exclaim "Imperius Rex!"

Bendis-Namor grunts, "My balls itch!"
----------------

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that was really jarring seeing Namor looking more like Ratso Rizzo. And Emma Frost's line - "Does he always smell like this?" - really seemed like Bendis never read a Namor comic before.

Anonymous said...

Its stupid writing like this that makes me sorta happy im done with comics

SPACE CADET MULON said...

I used to love bendis :(

Anonymous said...

I used to love Maleev :(

Maybe he's been hanging out with David Mack and Greg Land.

I like your choice of Namor pics at the bottom.