Monday, October 05, 2009

CLASH OF THE TITANS: REMAKE PICS

First let me say that I love the original CLASH OF THE TITANS. I saw it in the theater and it made a lasting impact- especially the Medusa Sequence which is simply pure, undiluted awesome. The film has some of the best HARRYHAUSEN; Medusa, Kraken, Giant Scorpions, Calabus. etc! I love the original Clash of the Titans.

With that said, I can also admit that it is not perfect. You have the stupid Bebo mechanical owl, the weak protagonist and Mickey yelling, "You're gonna eat lightnin' and you're gonna crap thunder!" ..... Its a flawed, albeit kickass, movie.When I first heard a few years back they were going to remake the film, a vein in my head exploded. Especially when, at the time, Stephen "Van Helsing" Sommers was rumored to be attached. It's now being made by director Louis "Hulk" Leterrier, starring Sam Worthington (T4, Avatar), Liam Neeson & Ralph Fiennes. Here are some pics from the movie, and I must say my dread and rage has subsided a bit. Itts hard to imagine a Clash of the Titans without Harryhausen, but if they find the right balance between REMAKE and NEW, it could be a fun film (hey, I'm in an optimistic mood today). But it has a huge shadow to step out of- the monster FX need to be mind-blowing.
("30 Years of Alien! Never-before-seen pics!")(source)

4 comments:

allen etter said...

I am happy!

Andrew Glazebrook said...

I am happy that Allen is happy !!

Anonymous said...

just want to know whats going on with the weird looking "300", Persian looking creature.....

Homie Bear said...

it also made a huge impact on me when I was 5 years old, but every time I try to watch it now, the wooden acting of Perseus makes it almost unwatchable. Still love the Harryhausen creature effects though.