Thursday, June 03, 2010

MOVIE-THOR WANTS YOUR CANDY

Well, apparently this is concept art for the THOR MOVIE. I can live with the Top-Half, although it looks full-on PLASTIC. It's the BOTTOM-HALF that irrates me. It lacks thoughtful aesthetic design and comes across as "Black Jeans & Go-Go Boots".

I really hope this is just EARLY-EARLY CONCEPT ART and not what we'll see on the Big Screen. Throw a badass HELMET on him, and change his legs to fit more along with the current (or older) Thor costume.... and beef up the actor 150%.

Overall I'm completely underwhelmed with this pic (which also looks like Greg Land's work, but that's another Smash). When I first saw it, I immediately flashed to the THOR HALLOWEEN COSTUME:
(source)

8 comments:

Mr. Blake said...

I really, really, REALY, hope this is not the final version. It looks like a made fir TV, Sify channel, low- budget, plastic, cheese, piece of Garbage. And yes. The guy needs to hit the gym. (Especially in the leg area)
I could go on some nerd infested rant, and pick apart everything else, but takin what they're givin.....this is just embarrasing.

"I got a BAD feeling about this..."

Andrew Glazebrook said...

However I don't like this at all !!!

Valkaad said...

I heard after seeing these pics they put Walt Simonson on suicide watch.

Frank Gillespie said...

I was hoping that after the first pictures were released that what looks plastic would be more of a leather look. I'm disappointed in what I've seen so far.

Good one Valkaad! The Simonson run is a favorite of mine.

Chun said...

Again:
WHAT?!? Where are the wings?!?

Jim said...

I think Chun has stumbled upon an Anti-Wings Campaign by Marvel!

Scott said...

Just use the Kirby costume... it was good enough for Jack, it's good enough for everyone...

Anonymous said...

...yeeaahh; feeling this cast/costume/etc. better than Capt. America, but that's not saying much. nor is it entirely true because this is freakin THOR; not some American soldier w/ "new age" upgrades. there's something a little too plasticy, new, and shallow about this costume to me that doesn't say "God". or maybe Gods walk around w/ the newest bling and i'm just wrong?

not feeling the Thor costume (or the actor, really, as he DOES need to hit the gym!!!) and not feeling Evans as Cap.