Monday, July 19, 2010

JACK KIRBY'S DEPICTION OF THE CHRISTIAN GOD

Ben of Nerd City posts:
I always found it interesting that of the very few pieces of his own work that Jack Kirby displayed in his home, three of them were his visual interpretations of God. It is fascinating to see a man who spent so much of his life depicting space gods and New Gods making an attempt to convey an image of his interpretation of God God. In many ways these look like classic Kirby, but there’s something extra cool about knowing that these were some of his works which he personally cherished the most.

Sweet. I would LOVE to have some original KIRBY art like these... although if I had a choice, I'd much prefer some GALACTUS, DARKSEID/NEW GODS or ASGARD stuff. Heck, I don't even need originals.. just big mural reproductions of his pencils. Is there anything better than some Jack Kirby Celestial/Cosmic stuff? I say thee Nay.

bonus pic from Savage Dragon #31, by Erik Larson:

No comments: