Friday, January 20, 2012

DARK TOWER: THAT OBNOXIOUS RED MARVEL LOGO

Maaan... so the 8th 'DARK TOWER' Hardcover came out from Marvel. I picked it up with giddiness and couldn't wait to put it on my shelf with the others. There's nothing quite like seeing a series of matching books on your bookshelf. Among others, my Dark Towers always bring a grin to my geeky face... but no longer - for some reason, Marvel decided to change the trade dressing with this 8th volume, slapping their obnoxious red logo on the spine. Not only does it throw off the coloring of my once-beautiful Dark Tower collection, it pushes the Title down the spine. Misalignment, gah!!

Now I have no choice but to make my own cover, print it out, and swap it out with this crap one that will soon be in the trash. Seriously, what the fuck Marvel? Stuff like this is a huge pet peeve of mine. Anyone else get annoyed with stupid shit like this?

9 comments:

Hey Monkey Butt said...

OoOoOoOo that is dumb! that would drive me nuts too. :/

Anonymous said...

Annoys me more that one of the text color is different. You can always print and make your own dust cover.

Jim said...

Totally! I'll be making TWO new dustcovers :)

Homie Bear said...

Yeah, a minor thing, hardly on par with real problems in the world, but definitely an annoyance!

Jim said...

JimSmash is all about briefly escaping those Real World problems. Here you can forget your woes and argue on end about which Wolverine costume is best.


Its the Brown/Orange one.

Mike D. said...

go to kinkos and make a copy of one of the other dust jackets and slap it over that one....Thats what I did with my THOR masterworks

Tim said...

Haha, the OCD in me would go crazy with this!! Only a comic collector would understand.

Gan said...

When did you start reading the dark tower?
Does this mean you'll finally read the books, the ones without pictures or at least fewer pictures? Cause reading the comics first is kinda like watching the prequals before A new Hope.

Jim said...

I heard the books sucked, so I skipped.

hehehe, just kidding. nah.. I'm reading the first Novel now... and been picking up the HCs as they come out and are on sale. Love the art.

Don't worry... I'll read the books first, then the comics.

What are these "prequels" you are referring to? I only know of 3 Star Wars films... did they make others???