Friday, March 16, 2012

ELDER PREDATOR STATUE

I always liked the ELDER PREDATOR from 'Predator 2'. This is a nice statue, but I'm not loving the pose... I think its the right arm. I would have preferred a sculpt depicting this stance:
Nice that they included the Alien Skull... although the Xenomorphs have EXOskeletons... what you see IS their "skeleton". I'd prefer it to simply be an Alien head, maybe "fossilized" or something, to give it that aged look.

Updated: Giger's Alien had the skull underneath the head dome. So in that regard, there would be a skull like in this statue. However, the skull in the picture does not have the eyesockets present in Giger's version, which leaves me to believe this is the Cameron/Winston xenomorph from 'Aliens', which was exoskeleton based. I'll go with "the Predator bleached the Cameron/Winston Alien head". Thanks to Anonymous for pointing out the issue. Hope this clarifies my nerd complaint.

You can buy this statue HERE.

Hey, remember this badass custom Elder Statue
by MR. SHIRAIWA:
(alien skull eyesockets)(original JimSmash post)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Yes and no" on the exoskeleton thing. If you look into how the Alien was originally designed by H.R. Giger, you see he built it up using some animal bones, and there are parts of the creature that are just regular skeleton. For example, the skull which is underneath the head dome part, as seen in the rare vintage Alien doll by Kenner. I think it's fitting that the Alien is so, well, alien, that it is not even easily classifiable as having a pure exo- or endo- skeleton.

Jim said...

You are correct.

Sorry, I was going with Cameron/Winston's version, which I believe was what the intended version was to be in Predator 2....

That said, if we are to go with the TRUE Alien (Giger's), there woudl be the SKULL underneath the Dome... but there would also be the eyesockets, which aren't present in this one.

Gah - too many versions.
If only the alien in 'ALIENS' had stayed the same as in 'ALIEN' :)

Post updated slightly.

Thanks, Anon.

allen etter said...

The predator is obviously checking the time on his watch...

Jim said...

HA!