Monday, August 06, 2012

GL: NEW GUARDIANS

After 11 issues of giving GREEN LANTERN: THE NEW GUARDIANS a chance, I cannot stomach anymore and have dropped the title from my pull list. It's just.... not good. I was looking at the latest issue and realized that it's essentially a SATURDAY MORNING CARTOON (if you know what that is, you're old). You can almost see the Sugar Sweet Cereal Tie-In! Upon realizing that's its just a silly Saturday Morning Cartoon, I now kind of want to keep reading it. Curse my dorkiness.

7 comments:

Frank Gillespie said...

I stopped this title a couple of months ago.

Jim said...

Yeah, it's not very good. It has potential, but so far has been very flat for me. Which is a shame because I like Kyle and this is the only book he's in.

Hey Monkey Butt said...

I miss what Saturday Morning Cartoons use to be, they're terrible now :/

Christopher22 said...

I've come to the realization that no matter what, I just can't bring my self to take it off my pull list. Yeah it feels like a stalled car but I like the characters. I just wish they had an actual point.

Anonymous said...

I read a preview of a GL book where the pink one was talking about the power of love to the red ones ... It hax a My Little Pony feel, so I decided to leave the GL fam of books alone.

Zo

Jim said...

Geoff Johns' GL has been going strong since 'Rebirth'. I'm really digging this current series (new52) which directly continues on from the previous. If you haven't read the Johns GL, I highly recommend picking up 'GL: Rebirth' and then jumping to 'Sinestro Corps War'.

Anonymous said...

SIMILAR TO THE NEW GL CARTOON...

just a bunch of "eh, so what" inbetween awesomeness, Thundercats & Young Justice.

oddly reminiscent of the movie...