Thursday, May 22, 2014

ROBOTECH X MACROSS & BABYMETAL ! ! !

Earlier this year MCawiezel introduced me to the band BABYMETAL which infuses Death Metal with J-Pop. I became an instant fan!

While listening to their songs, my mind kept drifting to Macross/Robotech.... epic space battles, with the sounds of Babymetal freaking out the minds of the evil invading Zentradi forces who are unaccustomed to any type of Culture and lack the capacity for creative expression (ie Minmei singing during space dogfights). The imagery stuck and my love for Babymetal grew.

About a month later I stumbled upon a kickass edit on YouTube, by TETSUO Lawliet, where he cut scenes of AKIRA to Babymetal's awesome "Megitsune" - check it out HERE!

I flipped out and requested "Babymetal over Macross/Robotech"!!! Well, 2 months later I get an email from TETSUO Lawliet informing me he had indeed put one together with the Babymetal track "Ijime Dame Zetta"! Yay!

I am thrilled to present it to you, ROBOTECH X MACROSS & BABYMETAL!!!!



Holy shit, its fucking awesome!! It's like TETSUO Lawliet plucked something from my imagination and then made it 100-times radder!!

THANK YOU, TETSUO LAWLIET!!!!!!

\m/

* more videos by TETSUO Lawliet

1 comment:

Astroluc (Find me on Tumblr and Instagram @Astroluc) said...

damn... I nearly lost it when I saw the Macross Plus footage...