Tuesday, September 30, 2014

CUSTOM OPTIMUS PRIME & PACKAGING


JimSmash Reader LOUIS BERNAL made another badass custom Transformer with packaging: OPTIMUS PRIME!

He posts:
The new Generations Autobot Scoop figure reminds me so much of the very awesome and very classic Transformers Armada "Bendy" Optimus Prime figure. I decided to customize Autobot Scoop so that it would resemble Optimus Prime.

Besides repainting the figure, I made a few physical changes to the toy. I removed the wheels. I trimmed off excess plastic on the lower legs. I reversed the upper arms and added smoke stacks.

For the weapons, I used Generations Orion Pax's blaster gun. The sword was taken from the 3rd party Junkion Blacksmith "Infinity Warfare" set. The shield was custom made from a wing panel from Revenge of the Fallen Soundwave.

The figure was painted with Model Master lacquer and Testors enamel. The figure was not clear coated.

I custom designed the package and drew the Optimus Prime artwork. I thought it would be fun to give it a "classic" look in celebration of the "Thrilling 30" theme.

Thank you for checking this out. I hope you like it.

~Lou B.

No comments: