Thursday, January 14, 2016

R.I.P. ALAN RICKMAN


ALAN RICKMAN, one of my favorite actors, passed away today. 

I'm finding myself without words at this huge loss. 

Rickman was, in a word, brilliant.

I realize that word is over-and-mis-used, but in this case I think its appropriate and accurate.

Here are some of my favorite roles of his:


METATRON
'Dogma'

BLUE CATERPILLAR (voice)
'Alice in Wonderland' and 'Through the Looking Glass'

JUDGE TURPIN
'Sweeney Todd'

MARVIN (voice)
'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'

SHERIFF of NOTTINGHAM
'Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves'
"And cancel Christmas!!!!"

COLONEL BRANDON
'Sense and Sensibility'


While the above roles were wonderful, Rickman will forever be in my memory for the TRINITY of BRILLIANCE:

ALEXANDER DANE / DR. LAZARUS
'Galaxy Quest'

PROFESSOR SEVERUS SNAPE
'HARRY POTTER'
(8 movies!)

HANS GRUBER
'DIE HARD'



_____


ALAN RICKMAN
1946 - 2016


_____

BONUSE PICS:

Me:

All of us:

No comments: