Monday, August 29, 2016

GENE WILDER PASSED AWAY


With a heavy, wrenched heart I post the news that beloved GENE WILDER has passed away, at the age of 83. I cannot think of another comedic treasure who has made me laugh more than Gene Wilder.

The movie list goes on and on....'Stir Crazy',  'Blazing Saddles', 'The Producers',  'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory', 'History of the World Part I', (... I even loved him in 'Haunted Honeymoon' and 'See No Evil, Hear No Evil'... ) and of course my favorite, 'Young Frankenstein' (which I watch every Halloween). 

To say he was a comedic genius is an understatement, to be sure.



A lifetime of laughs spanning generations. 



Thank you, Mr Wilder!


GENE WILDER 
1933 - 2016

2 comments:

Desert Son said...

Another one of the greats gone.

Starting with the death of Lemmy at the end of 2015 (because, well, Lemmy), 2016 has really been crappy on the "greats lost" front.

To paraphrase a comment I read about Brexit, "After the six-month trial period, I have elected NOT to purchase 2016."

"Little bastard shot me in the ass!" -The Waco Kid, Blazing Saddles, 1974.

Still learning,

Robert

Dr. Theda said...

we are saddened to hear this... (we remember Gilda's death)... Mr. Wilder left us some Great performances... He will be missed.